Forum of Peace
The Forum or Temple of Peace was a piazza created by Vespasian in 71 A.D. to celebrate the end of the civil war and capture of Jerusalem. In 192 A.D., it was damaged by fire and rebuilt by Septimius Severus. The structure of the Temple of Peace was also completely hidden by Via Dei Fori Imperiali, created as the grand road of the empire under orders of Benito Mussolini to connect Piazza Venezia and the Colosseum. Its construction required the demolition of an entire neighborhood in the years between 1924 and 1932.