Lancellotti Discus Thrower
A copy from the antonian age of an original bronze from the Fifth Century B.C., created by the great greek sculptor Myron. It was found in 1871 on the Esquiline and became part of the collections at Palazzo Massimo Lancellotti. During the Second World War, it was brought to Berlin, but it was returned to Italy in 1948. It is one of most celebrated sculptures of all time with its incredible depiction of an athlete in motion.