The Sphinx of Queen Hatshepsut
Dating back to the 18th dynasty (or New Kingdom), it carries a scroll on its chest with the name of Pharaoh Thutmosis III (1504-1450 B.C.), son of the woman shown who set her son aside to govern herself. It is a rare example of a female sphinx and it shows signs of damage to its paws and its chest from hammer blows. It was found in 1856 in Campo Marzio, the area that during the classical era was occupied by egyptian cults such as Iseo Campense with the great temple dedicated to Isis and Serapis.