FURLA SERIES - SUZANNE JACKSON. Somethings in the World
From 15 Settembre 2023 to 17 Dicembre 2023
Place: GAM - Galleria d’Arte Moderna di Milano
Address: Via Palestro 16
Responsibles: Bruna Roccasalva
- Fondazione Furla
- GAM - Galleria d’Arte Moderna - Milano
Official site: http://www.fondazionefurla.org
The exhibition—the first to be dedicated to the artist by a European institution—will offer a glimpse of the research Suzanne Jackson has been carrying out for over fifty years, along an exhibition path that retraces key moments of her career.
Suzanne Jackson is an American artist whose practice embraces a broad field of investigation exploring the potential of painting, nourished by experiences in dance, theater, and poetry. Her initial figurative production—populated by a pictorial matrix of characters, animals, and references to nature—evolved over the years, progressively approaching abstraction, until arriving at the elaboration of a very personal vocabulary in which painting takes on both a sculptural and environmental dimension.
From her dreamlike paintings of the 1970s to the radical experiments of the most recent, free-hanging “anti-canvases,” the exhibition highlights the most salient moments of the artist’s production through a selection of iconic works, previously unseen works and new productions that enter into dialogue with the museum context and its own collection.
Suzanne Jackson’s exhibition is the fifth edition of the Furla Series project, and is the upshot of thecollaboration between Fondazione Furla and GAM: a partnership begun in 2021 to promote annual exhibition projects providing a unique opportunity for past masters and protagonists of the contemporary scene to come face to face.
Furla Series is the project cycle that since 2017 has seen the Fondazione Furla engaged in the creation of exhibitions in collaboration with major Italian art institutions, with an all-female program designed to valorize and showcase women’s fundamental contribution to contemporary culture.
SCARICA IL COMUNICATO IN PDF
- Dal 29 novembre 2023 al 31 agosto 2024 Roma | Chiostro del Bramante
- Dal 29 novembre 2023 al 28 gennaio 2024 Firenze | Cattedrale dell'Immagine
- Dal 28 novembre 2023 al 10 marzo 2024 Firenze | Galleria dell’Accademia di Firenze
- Dal 26 novembre 2023 al 01 aprile 2024 Riccione | Villa Mussolini
- Dal 25 novembre 2023 al 07 aprile 2024 Udine | Udine, Castello / Gorizia, Palazzo Attems Petzenstein
- Dal 25 novembre 2023 al 17 marzo 2024 Cuneo | Complesso Monumentale di San Francesco