Museum of Roman Civilization
Roma, Piazza Giovanni Agnelli 10
- Address: Piazza Giovanni agnelli 10
- E-Ticketing WWW: http://www.omniticket.it
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Phone#: 06 0608
- Opening: Tue.-Sun. from 9am to 2pm. Monday closed
- Price: full € 7,50 - reduced € 5,50
- Transportation: Bus: lines 30, 170, 671, 707, 714, 764, 765, 767, 791. Metro: line B, station eur Fermi
- Visit lasts: 1 hour (about)
The institution, open in 1955 by the illustrious archeologist and university professor Giulio Quirino Giglioli, only conserves reproductions which testify to the history of Rome in terms of architecture, topography, religion, etc.
The great masterpiece at the museum is the Plastico di Roma Antica (a model of ancient Rome), featured in an untold number of history books. Also of note are the tracings of the Trajan Column made under orders of Napolean III and a hut from a romulean village on the Palantine.