From Duchamp to Cattelan. Contemporary Art at the Palatine
From 28 Giugno 2017 to 29 Ottobre 2017
Place: Foro Palatino
Responsibles: Alberto Fiz
- Soprintendenza Speciale Archeologia Belle Arti e Paesaggio di Roma
- Associazione ALT - Arte Lavoro Territorio Arte Contemporanea
Ticket price: Full 12 € | Reduced 7.50 €
E-Mail info: http://www.electa.it/contatti/
Official site: http://www.electa.it
The Palatine Stadium and the lower perystile of the Domus Augustana, the terrace and the Arcate Severiane, which are being re-opened especially for the occasion, will be hosting a new contemporary art project: Da Duchamp a Cattelan. Arte contemporanea sul Palatino (From Duchamp to Cattelan. Contemporary Art at the Palatine).
This exhibition is the latest in the series that began with Par tibi Roma nihil, both part of a project juxtaposing archaeology and contemporary art and designed to create innovative ways of living the past.
The art works establish an interesting, even disconcerting, dialogue with the ancient monuments, a means to better understand and interpret our own times through an original, visionary experience.
The exhibition presents more than 50 works, including installations, sculptures and photographs by artists, designers and architects from Italy and abroad.
As well as famous names like Marina Abramovic, Allan McCollum, Tony Cragg, David Hammons, Gilbert & George, Gino De Dominicis, Jannis Kounellis, Vettor Pisani, Michelangelo Pistoletto, Remo Salvadori, Denis Santachiara, Mario Schifano, Mauro Staccioli, Ugo La Pietra and Gianni Pettena, there are works by leading exponents of the younger generation, such as Paul McCarthy, Cai Guo-Qiang, Sislej Xhafa, Mario Airò, Maurizio Cattelan, Vedovamazzei, Claudia Losi and Luca Vitone.
The works come from the ALT collection created by architect Tullio Leggeri, one of Italy’s foremost collectors, who has been working closely with a number of artists since the 1980s, frequently assisting in the creation of their works and helping stage their exhibitions.
SCARICA IL COMUNICATO IN PDF
- Dal 19 febbraio 2018 al 20 maggio 2018 Milano | Museo Diocesano Carlo Maria Martini
- Dal 18 febbraio 2018 al 25 giugno 2018 Milano | Fondazione Prada
- Dal 21 febbraio 2018 al 30 settembre 2018 Perugia | Palazzo Baldeschi e Palazzo Lippi Alessandri
- Dal 17 febbraio 2018 al 10 giugno 2018 Palermo | Villa Zito
- Dal 18 febbraio 2018 al 03 giugno 2018 Treviso | Museo Civico Luigi Bailo
- Dal 10 febbraio 2018 al 10 giugno 2018 Bard | Forte di Bard