URUGUAY PAVILION 59th International Art Exhibition of La Biennale di Venezia - Gerardo Goldwasser. Persona
From 23 Aprile 2022 to 27 Novembre 2022
Place: Giardini of Biennale
Address: C. Giazzo
Responsibles: Laura Malosetti Costa e Pablo Uribe
Telefono per informazioni: +39 0415218711
Official site: http://www.labiennale.org
The proposal, curated by Laura Malosetti Costa and Pablo Uribe, was selected by the National Commission of Visual Arts, through a public convocation made by the National Institute of Visual Arts, with the support of the Department of Internationalization of Culture of the National Directorate of Culture of Uruguay. Persona dialogues and considers the theme proposed by Cecilia Alemani, Artistic Director of the Biennale Arte 2022, through the following excerpt from Leonora Carrington's book:
The Black Story of the White Woman
A white woman wore black.
Black with black. She had black pijamas
and black soap.
All her things were black
Black as night. Black as coal.
When the woman cried,
her tears were blue
like little parrots.
The woman cried
a lot and she played the flute.
The Milk of Dreams. Leonora Carrington
Taking this fragment as a reference, Laura Malosetti Costa and Pablo Uribe, express in the curatorial text, The culture of dressing, which accompanies the proposal: “In Venice, from Uruguay and for the whole world, Gerardo Goldwasser´s work proposes a critical reflection that puts an aspect that is both basic and complex of human societies on stage: the ways of covering and exhibiting bodies, of disciplining them, and of differentiating them. The issue presented refers to the ways in which human beings perceive themselves as persons by constructing their appearance, the way of entering the stage every day of their life. The etymology of the concept refers to the classical theater. “Actor´s mask was its first meaning. That mask can be found at the origin of the culture of dress.”
SCARICA IL COMUNICATO IN PDF
- Dal 30 novembre 2023 al 04 febbraio 2024 Roma | Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea
- Dal 29 novembre 2023 al 31 agosto 2024 Roma | Chiostro del Bramante
- Dal 29 novembre 2023 al 28 gennaio 2024 Firenze | Cattedrale dell'Immagine
- Dal 28 novembre 2023 al 10 marzo 2024 Firenze | Galleria dell’Accademia di Firenze
- Dal 26 novembre 2023 al 01 aprile 2024 Riccione | Villa Mussolini
- Dal 25 novembre 2023 al 07 aprile 2024 Udine | Udine, Castello / Gorizia, Palazzo Attems Petzenstein