Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Basilica of Saint Peter in Chains
San Giovanni, Esquilino, Monti
- Location: Basilica of Saint Peter in Chains
- Address: Piazza di San Pietro in Vincoli 4a
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Phone#: +39 06 97844950/2
- Opening: From October to March Every day 8am - 12.30am / 3pm - 6pm
From April to September Every day 8am - 12.30am / 3pm - 7pm
- Transportation: Metro: line B, station Cavour
Bus: lines 75, 117
- Visit lasts: 1 hour (about)
Also known as the Eudoxiana Basilica, it was built in 442 on a roman domus for Licinia Eudossia, wife of Valentiniano III and daughter of Teodosio II. The name of the church comes from the relic of a chain (in latino vincula) with which Saint Peter was bound in the Mamertine prison. The current look of the church comes from the renovations carried out under Julius II at the beginning of the 1500s. The importance of the Basilica is greatly due to the Moses by Michelangelo inside the church.