Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
National Roman Museum Palazzo Massimo alle Terme
Termini, San Lorenzo
- Location: National Roman Museum Palazzo Massimo alle Terme
- Address: Largo di Villa Peretti
- Booking phone#: 06 39967700
- Opening: Tue.-Sun. from 9am to 7.45pm. Monday closed
- Price: full € 7 - reduced € 3,50
- Transportation: Bus: lines C2, H, 36, 38, 40, 64, 86, 90, 92, 105, 170, 175, 217, 310, 360, 714, 910. Metro: lines A e B, station Termini
- Visit lasts: 1 hour (about)
The building which hosts the main section of the Museo Nazionale Romano was built for the Jesuits by Camillo Castrucci on the same spot as Villa Montalto-Peretti, built in the 1500s for Sixtus V and destroyed after Italy united and the area was divided into lots. It was purchased in 1981 by the State and the museum was inaugurated in 1995. The collection is divided into two parts: ancient art (late republican era, imperial and late-ancient) and coins and goldsmithing.