Church of Santa Maria del Monte (of Capuchins)
- Location: Church of Santa Maria del Monte (of Capuchins)
- Address: Piazzale Monte dei Cappuccini 3
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone#: 011 6604414
- Opening: Every day 8.30am-noon and 3pm-7.30pm
- Transportation: Stops 1423 and 1424 Cappuccini: line 53.
Located on the Monte dei Cappuccini, a 284m-high hill from which you get a splendid view of the city and the Alps, it is a centrally planned building topped by a dome placed on a high tambour. It was built from 1584 by Milan-native engineer Giacomo Soldati and changed at the beginning of the 1600s by Ascanio Vitozzi; it was embellished inside by the marble altars by Carlo di Castellamonte. Nearby, the Capuchin convent houses the National Mountains Museum Duca degli Abruzzi, one of the main mountaineering museums in the world.