Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Church of Santi Martiri
- Location: Church of Santi Martiri
- Address: Via Garibaldi 25
- Phone#: 011 5622581
- Transportation: Stops 242 Corte d'Appello and 244 Monte di Pietà: lines 4, 11, 27, 51, 57, Star 2.
- Visit lasts: 1 hour (about)
Consecrated to saints Solutore, Avventore and Ottavio, it was built by the Society of Jesus in 1577 following designs by Pellegrino Tibaldi. The church layout followed the dictates of the Counter-Reformation meant to favour preaching to believers and developed along the longitudinal direction with a single nave and a reduced transept. The interior has a rich decoration of bronze, marble and stucco. Between the pillars of the triumphal arch two niches are located with the footprints of Santa Giuliana and the stone where San Solutore was beheaded.