Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Church of San Giacomo dall’Orio
- Location: Church of San Giacomo dall’Orio
- Address: Campiello del Piovan
- E-Ticketing WWW: http://www.veneziaunica.it/it/e-commerce/services
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Phone#: 041 2750462
- Opening: From Monday to Saturday 10am-5pm
(ticket office and bookshop closure and last entrance 4.45pm
Closed on: Sundays, January 1st, Easter, August 15th, December 25th
- Price: Full rate € 3, discounted € 1,5
Chorus Pass: full rate € 12, discounted € 8
For further information on special offers, discounted admission and ticketing please visit the web site or contact the information office.
- Transportation: Lines 1, N (stop S. Stae)
Lines 1, 5.1, 5.2, N (stop Riva de Biasio).
The church is one of the oldest church of Venice, dating back to the IX-X century, and is located in the area formerly known as "Luprio", a swampy place, after which it is currently named. In 1225, thanks to the Badoer and Da Mula families, it was re-built with a basilica layout and a green marble column from the VI century was located there; the column came from Constantinople after the fourth crusade (1204). The rare hull-shaped ceiling dates back to the early XV century, contemporary to that of Saint Steven.