Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
National Archaeological Museum of Venice
- Location: National Archaeological Museum of Venice
- Address: entrata dal Museo Correr- Piazza San Marco, Ala Napoleonica, Scalone Monumentale
- E-Ticketing WWW: http://www.veneziaunica.it/en/e-commerce/services
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone#: 041 2967663
- Opening: From April 1st to October 31st:
10am-7pm (last entrance 6pm)
From November 1st to March 31st:
10am-5pm (last entrance 4pm)
- Price: Museum of St. Mark's Square pass:
full rate 17 €
Discounted 12 €
During temporary exhibitions the price of admission may vary. For further information please visit the web site or contact the information office.
- Transportation: Lines 1, 2, N (stop S. Marco Vallaresso)
Lines 2, 10, A, B (stop S. Marco Giardinetti)
Lines 1, 2, 7, 14, 15, 19, 20, 4.1, 4.2, 5.1, 5.2, B, N (stop S. Marco S. Zaccaria)
The museum originated from a legacy by cardinal Domenico Grimani who in 1523 bequeathed to the Republic of Venice his collection of relics found in Rome. The collection, which also received in 1587 Greek sculptures bequeathed by Giovanni Grimani, nephew of Domenica and patriarch of Aquilea, was located by Vincenzo Scamozzi in the antechamber of the Marciana Library where it kept receiving additional legacies. In 1924 it was transferred to its current seat of Procuratie Nuove.