Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Isola di San Giorgio Maggiore
- Artist: Palladio
- Location: Palladian Cloister
- Date: 1579 - 1618
The cloister was constructed in the early seventeenth century following the instructions of plans signed by Andrea Palladio. The four sides are characterised by twin columns and by a tight sequence of windows with gables that are alternately curvilinear and triangular. This space represents the second cloister constructed for the former Benedictine monastery of San Giorgio Maggiore, after the early sixteenth-century cloister by Andrea Buora, known as the Cypress Cloister.