Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Basilica of Saint Agnes outside the Walls
Flaminio, Parioli, Villa Borghese
- Location: Basilica of Saint Agnes outside the Walls
- Address: Via Nomentana 349
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone#: 06 86205456
- Opening: Every day from 7:30am to 12am and from 4pm to 7:30pm
- Price: € 6 to visit the catacombs
- Transportation: Bus: line 36
- Visit lasts: 1 hour (about)
Built in 342 by Constance, daughter or niece of Emperor Constantine, on the burial ground where Saint Agnes was buried, today accessible in the catacombs, it is a christian basilica with heavy byzantine influences, including the matroneo, the special space reserved for women, above the nave. The church was modified somewhat in the Seventh Century under Pope Honorius I. Today, it is also possible to admire some masterpieces from the 1600s, including the wooden ceiling (1606), the ciborium (1614) and the Statue of Saint Agnes by Nicolas Cordie (1605).