Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Church of the Trinita dei Monti
- Location: Church of the Trinita dei Monti
- Address: Piazza della Trinità dei Monti
- Phone#: 06 6794179
- Opening: Tue.-Sun. from 7am to 1pm and from 3pm to 7pm. Monday closed
- Transportation: Metro: line A, station Spagna. Bus: lines 117, 119
- Visit lasts: 1 hour (about)
One of the churches of the french in Rome. It was started in 1502 by Louis XII, in the gothic style, expanded in the middle of the century with a barrel-vaulted hall and it was consecrated in 1585 under Sixtus V. The characteristic facade with two bell towers on the sides was designed by Giacomo della Porta and Carlo Maderno. The adjoining monastery has an incredible Galleria Prospettica (a Perspective Gallery) in its refectory, frescoed by Andrea Pozzo. In the cloister are frescoes by Cavalier d’Arpino and Pomarancio.