Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Doria Phamphilj Gallery
- Location: Doria Phamphilj Gallery
- Address: Via del Corso 305
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone#: 06 6797323
- Opening: Mon.-Sun. from 10am to 5pm
- Price: full € 10,50 - reduced € 7,50
- Transportation: Metro: line A, station Barberini; line B, station Colosseo. Bus: lines 95, 175, 492, 62, 64, 630
- Visit lasts: 1 hour (about)
The Gallery is hosted within one of the most important and largest buildings on Via del Corso. It was built in the 1400s next to the Church of Santa Maria on Via Lata. In the 1500s, it was taken over by the Della Rovere family and then the Aldobrandini family (1601), bought as a gift from Olimpia for the wedding of Camillo Pamphilj (1647). It was then that the building was expanded to reach Via della Gatta. The facade on Via del Corso is an architectural masterpiece by Gabriele Valvassori (1731-34). The collection of the Gallery was gathered by Camillo, nephew of Pope Innocent X and, like the entire palazzo, with the extinction of the Pamphilj, it fell into the hands of the Doria Pamphilj family who came to Rome from Genoa in 1760.