Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Church of Santa Cristina
- Location: Church of Santa Cristina
- Address: Piazza San Carlo
- Phone#: 011 539281
- Opening: Every day 8am-12.24pm and 3pm-7pm
- Transportation: Stop 249 Arcivescovado: lines 4, 11, 12, 15, 27, 55, 57, 58/, Star 1.
Stop 4058 Roma: lines Star 1, Star 2.
Stop 4114 Lagrange: line Star 1.
- Visit lasts: 1 hour (about)
Together with San Carlo, it is one of the twin churches on piazza San Carlo. It was built by Carlo di Castellamonte in 1639 for the order of the discalced Carmelites, who had gone to Turin at the request of Marie Christine of France a few years earlier. The facade by Filippo Juvarra (1715-18) is decorated with figures of saints and allegories of the virtues, while the interior baroque decorations were changed over time. The annexed convent was destroyed in 1802 during the construction works of via Roma.