Royal Palace


Royal Palace
L'edificio fu la residenza dei Savoia e del primo re d'Italia fino al 1865 e poi venne ancora utilizzato dalla Famiglia Reale fino al 1946.

  • Location: Royal Palace
  • Address: Piazzetta Reale 1
  • E-Mail:
  • Opening: Tue - Sun 9 am - 7 pm (the ticket office closes at 6 pm) | Closed on Mon / 1 Jan, 1 May / 25 Dec
  • Price: Polo Reale ticket valid for Museum of Antiquities, Royal Palace, Royal Armoury and Galleria Sabauda: full rate € 12, discounted € 6, free entrance for visitors aged under 18.
    Free entrance the first Sunday of each month.
    The ticket office is situated in the Royal Palace.

    For further information on special offers, discounted admission and ticketing please visit the web site or contact the information office.
  • Transportation: Stop 245 Garibaldi: lines 4, 7, 11, 27, 51, 57, Star 2.
    Stops 471 and 472 Castello: lines 13, 13/, 15, 55, 56.
  • Visit lasts: 1 hour e 30 minutes (about)
Bordered by the gate of Pelagius Palagi (1835-39), which closes the Piazzetta Reale, the building was the residence of the Savoy and the first king of Italy until 1865 and then was still used by the royal family until 1946.
The plant is due to Ascanio Vitozzi the end of the sixteenth century, followed by other court architects Carlo and Amedeo di Castellamonte Carlo Morello, who was responsible for the facade (1658), and Maurizio Valperga.
Guarino Guarini was responsible for the final solution of the Chapel of the Holy Shroud was built as a palace chapel.
From the first decades of the eighteenth century, Filippo Juvarra first, followed by Benedetto Alfieri deployed their art in the updating of royal apartments. Just Juvarra was responsible for the spectacular Scissors Staircase and the Galleria, then known as the Queen then decorated by Claudio Francesco Beaumont, and which now houses the Royal Armoury.
The last large-scale projects were built in the nineteenth century by Pelagius Palagi and Emilio Stramucci.