Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Church of Santa Maria del Rosario or Gesuati
- Location: Church of Santa Maria del Rosario or Gesuati
- Address: Fondamenta delle Zattere ai Gesuati
- E-Ticketing WWW: http://www.veneziaunica.it/it/e-commerce/services
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Phone#: 041 2750462
- Opening: From Monday to Saturday 10am-5pm (ticket office and bookshop closure and last entrance 4.45pm)
- Price: Full rate 3 €
Riscounted 1.50 €
Full rate 10 €
Discounted 7 €
From March 1st 2014 (Chorus Pass):
Full rate 12 €
Discounted 8 €
For further information on special offers, discounted admission and ticketing please visit the web site or contact the information office.
- Transportation: Lines 1, 2, N (stop Accademia)
The church is one of the most complete and consistent examples of XVII-century art in Venice. After the suppression of the Siena order of Gesuati (1668), the compound was given to the Dominicans who completely renovated it, however keeping its name. The new church, made by Giorgio Massari (1724-1736), revisits the design of Palladio’s Redentore visible on the opposite side of the canal, while the interior features an extraordinary stylistic unity between the wooden decors and the decoration.