Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Church of Santo Stefano
- Location: Church of Santo Stefano
- Address: Campo Santo Stefano
- E-Ticketing WWW: http://www.veneziaunica.it/it/e-commerce/services
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone#: 041 2750462
- Opening: From Monday to Saturday 10am-5pm
(ticket office and bookshop closure and last entrance 4.45pm)
Closed on: Sundays, January 1st, Easter, August 15th, December 25th
- Price: Full rate € 3, discounted € 1,5
Chorus Pass: full rate € 12, discounted € 8
For further information on special offers, discounted admission and ticketing please visit the web site or contact the information office.
- Transportation: Lines 1, 2, N (stop S. Samuele)
The church, started by the Eremitani di Sant'Agostino in 1294, was deeply changed at the beginning of the 1400s when the chancel was extended by a bridge that, uniquely in Venice, crosses a stream and supports the apse. The facade was enriched by a splendid marble portal, likely work by Bartolomeo Bon (1438-1442), and the bell tower, one of the tallest “leaning bell towers” of Venice, was built (66 metre tall with an incline of 2 metres, nice view from Campo Sant'Angelo).