Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Museum of Rome (Braschi Palace)
- Location: Museum of Rome (Braschi Palace)
- Address: Piazza San Pantaleo 10
- E-Ticketing WWW: http://www.omniticket.it
- Phone#: 06 0608
- Opening: Tue.-Sun. from 9am to 19pm. Monday closed
- Price: full € 9 - reduced € 7
- Visit lasts: 1 hour (about)
The museum is hosted in the last palace built by a Pope for his family. It was built following a design by Cosimo Morelli for Pope Pius VI in 1791-96 and then finished, after the french occcupation, in the first decade of the following century by Giuseppe Valadier. It became property of the Italian State in 1871 and was home to the Ministry of the Interior. Founded in 1930, the museum was transferred from Piazza Bocca della Verità to its current home in 1952; closed in 1987, reopened in 2002. It has paintings, sculptures and other works that document the history of Rome (views of the city, portraits of popes, etc.).