Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
- Location: Israelite Temple
- Address: Piazzetta Primo Levi 12
- Phone#: 011 6692387
- Opening: Visits to the church are possible by arrangement only.
- Transportation: Stops 1945 and 1946 Carlo Alberto: lines 9, 52, 61, 67, 68.
Metropo: stop Porta Nuova.
- Visit lasts: 1 hour (about)
It was commissioned by the Turin Jewish community in 1884 after abandoning the too costly location of the Mole Antonelliana. The temple was built by architect Enrico Petiti in oriental shapes and after the damage caused by the bombings of 1943 it was subject to a considerable restoration. Today there is a museum, showing liturgical furniture, textiles and silver objects from the XVII to the XX century, and a library, accounting for a collection of approximately 13 thousand books and an interesting documentation centre on the Nazi persecution.