Scuola Grande di San Rocco
- Location: Scuola Grande di San Rocco
- Address: San Polo 3052
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Phone#: +39 041 5234864
- Opening: Daily 9.30 am - 5.30 pm | The ticket office closes at 5 pm | Jan 1st and Dec 25th closed
- Price: Full 10 € | Reduced 8 € | For further information on special offers, discounted admission and ticketing please visit the web site or contact the information office.
- Transportation: Lines 1, 2, N (stop S. Tomà).
The San Rocco grand school owes its importance to the saint’s relics, purloined from Montpellier and arrived in Venice in 1485. In 1516 the current seat was built on design by Bartolomeo Bon, then distanced due to conflicts with his brothers. The background and the top part of the facade were completed by Antonio Abbondi, aka Scarpagnino (1527-1541). Inside, one of the most amazing cycles of large paintings painted by Tintoretto is located, still in its original position.