Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
The Church of St. Louis of the French
- Location: The Church of St. Louis of the French
- Address: Piazza San Luigi dei Francesi
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone#: +39 06 688271
- Opening: From Monday to Fraiday: 9.30am - 12.45pm | 2.30pm - 6.30pm
Saturday: 9.30am - 12.15pm | 2.30pm - 6.45pm
Sunday: 11.30am - 12.45pm | 2.30pm - 6.45pm
(on the morning of every 1st Wednesday of the month, the church is closed)
- Transportation: Metro: line A (stop Spagna or Barberini)
Bus: lines 30, 40, 70, 81, 87, 116, 204, 280, 492, 628
- Visit lasts: 1 hour (about)
The national church of the French in Rome. Its construction began in 1518 and was concluded in 1589 by Domenico Fontana following designs by Giacomo della Porta. Much of the funds necessary for its construction were donated by Queen Caterina de’ Medici. In the facade are statues of the french "glories" Charlemagne, San Luigi, Santa Clotilde and San Giovanni di Valois (Pierre l’Eustache, mid-1700s). Next door is the Palazzo di San Luigi. The church is world-famous for the masterpieces by Caravaggio in the Contarelli Chapel.