Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Church of San Salvador
- Location: Church of San Salvador
- Address: San Marco 4835
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone#: 041 5236717
- Booking E-Mail: email@example.com
- Booking phone#: 041 2413817
- Opening: From Monday to Saturday 9-12am and 4-6.30pm
Free guided tours availabe by reservation. The reservation must be made within the previous Thursday.
- Price: Free entrance
- Transportation: Lines 1, 2, A, N (stop Rialto).
The church was probably founded in the VII century in the place which, according to legend, was pointed by Christ to bishop Saint Magnus. The current shape is due to the reconstruction started by Giorgio Spavento and continued by Tullio Lombardo and Jacopo Sansovino (1506-1534). The three-nave interior with the aligned domes represents a perfect example of Venetian Renaissance architecture while the luxurious facade was made on a drawing by Giuseppe Sardi in 1663.