The fantastic world of Fosca
From 08 Maggio 2014 to 08 Giugno 2014
Place: Marciana National Library
Telefono per informazioni: +39 041 2407238 / 041 2407211
E-Mail info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official site: http://marciana.venezia.sbn.it
The inauguration will take place on Wednesday, May 7, at 17, with input from the Piazzetta San Marco 13 / a , Venice. ( Free admission subject to availability of seats ). From May 8th , for the duration of the exhibition, the input of the public will be the Correr Museum, Napoleonic Wing by Piazza San Marco ( times and tickets of integrated path of the Museums of St. Mark's Square ).
Heart of the exhibition is a large installation, The Literary Globe, which dominates the center of the exhibition of the Library with a ball of fifteen letters of parchment paper and hand-cut glass drops cracked . Installation that seems to respond to the Globe and Celestial Terrestrial Globe Vincenzo Coronelli , located under the nebulous sphere of letters, so as to create an ideal relationship between the work and the spirit of the place, going well expressed by Fulco Pratesi in the catalog "a clever reference to the function that the centuries-old hall of the Sansovino Library has carried out over the centuries, hosting the famous works of writers and artists and precious codes of classical antiquity".
Alongside the installation of thirty works on paper with fanciful animals that populate the universe of Fosca: animals that tell some aspects of the history of the Library of St. Mark's (and therefore of the Marciana National Library ) reinterpreting them in an ironic and fantastic.
SCARICA IL COMUNICATO IN PDF
- Dal 12 dicembre 2017 al 13 maggio 2018 Bologna | MAMbo - Museo di Arte Moderna di Bologna
- Dal 13 dicembre 2017 al 05 gennaio 2018 Roma | Pinacoteca Vaticana
- Dal 03 dicembre 2017 al 27 maggio 2018 Napoli | Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore alla Pietrasanta
- Dal 05 dicembre 2017 al 14 gennaio 2018 Milano | Palazzo Marino
- Dal 18 novembre 2017 al 01 maggio 2018 Firenze | Santo Stefano al Ponte
- Dal 17 novembre 2017 al 11 marzo 2018 Roma | Museo di Roma a Palazzo Braschi