Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
- Location: Colonna Gallery
- Address: Via della Pilotta 17
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booking phone#: 06 6784350
- Opening: Open on Saturday from 9am to 1.15pm
- Price: full € 10 - reduced € 8
- Visit lasts: 1 hour (about)
Inside the palazzo built by Martino V and rebuilt in 1730 by Nicola Michetti, the gallery was curated by Cardinal Girolamo (1654-55) and expanded by Lorenzo Onofrio and Fabrizio. In 1798, a number of masterpieces were sold and it was Marc’Antonio in the twentieth century who curated the collection, bringing it back to its original splendor. The Palazzo Colonna hosts the Wax Museum (open from 9a.m. to 8p.m.) and the Ex Caffee-Haus with its vaulted ceiling painted with frescoes by Francesco Mancini of the Fable of Love and Psyche.
THINGS TO KNOW: Inside the Gallery, they shot the last scene, the press conference of the princess, of the film Roman Holiday, the classic film by William Wyler, with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck (1953).