Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
Ecstasy Ludovica Albertoni
Trastevere, Gianicolo, Testaccio
Created for the Altieri Chapel, it is the second famed Ecstasy sculpted by Bernini after that of Santa Teresa d’Avila at Santa Maria della Vittoria. Ludovica was a roman Franciscan tertiary (1474-1533), beatified in 1671 for her mystic visions. Behind the sculpture is a painting by Gaulli, completely different from the scene of convulsions and agitation portrayed by Bernini.