Attenzione: alcuni musei, gallerie e luoghi espositivi potrebbero essere temporaneamente chiusi al pubblico.
- Location: Guglie Bridge
- Address: Ponte delle Guglie
- Transportation: Lines 4.1, 4.2, 5.1, 5.2, A (stop Guglie)
The main bridge of the Cannaregio district, it was built of wood in 1285. In 1580 it was re-built in stone by Marchesino dei Marchesini, as reminded by the inscription visible on the balustrade together with the crest of doge Niccolò da Ponte. The balustrade is special in that it was built together with the arch and the masks that, for the first time in Venice, hide the joints of the various segments. In 1823 the spires it is named after were added.